This cemetery located at the heart of East London opened to the public in 1841. Originally called ‘The City of London and Tower Hamlets Cemetery’ is known locally as Bow Cemetery, since it belongs to this district.
This cemetery is situated in the London Borough of Lambeth. The history of West Norwood Cemetery dates back to 1836 when it was first founded, though it was not consecrated by the Bishop of Winchester until December 1837, when the first burial took place.
Laying in South London since 1840, the little-known Nunhead Cemetery is one of the most impressive ones amongst the Magnificent Seven.
This Victorian cemetery, dated from 1839, is divided into two parts, known as the East Cemetery and the West Cemetery. Situated in the London Borough of Camden, it is run by a charity, the Friends of Highgate Cemetery Trust since 1981.