Kensal Green Cemetery is one of the Magnificent Seven, situated in west London, in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, also traversing the borders of Fulham & Hammersmith’s Borough. Stablished in 1832, it was opened to the public in 1833, consecrated by the Bishop of London.
It is nowadays the oldest commercial cemetery in London. Managed by the General Cemetery Company, it was inspired by the Père Lachaise Cemetery in Paris. Kensal Green Cemetery currently covers 72 acres (290,000 m2) of land; it has three chapels, welcoming people from all faiths.
Also known as the Cemetery of All Souls, Kensal Green Cemetery is home to some 700 notable personalities, including the children of George III.
Location: Harrow Road, London W10 4RA; a 5-10 minute walk from Kensal Green tube station (Jubilee Line & London Overground), main entrance by St. Mary’s Catholic Cemetery.
For more information please visit the official website www.kensalgreencemetery.com.