This cemetery located at the heart of East London opened to the public in 1841. Originally called ‘The City of London and Tower Hamlets Cemetery’ is known locally as Bow Cemetery, since it belongs to this district. Advertisements
This cemetery is situated in the London Borough of Lambeth. The history of West Norwood Cemetery dates back to 1836 when it was first founded, though it was not consecrated by the Bishop of Winchester until December 1837, when the first burial took place.
Laying in South London since 1840, the little-known Nunhead Cemetery is one of the most impressive ones amongst the Magnificent Seven.
This Victorian cemetery, dated from 1839, is divided into two parts, known as the East Cemetery and the West Cemetery. Situated in the London Borough of Camden, it is run by a charity, the Friends of Highgate Cemetery Trust since 1981.
Kensal Green Cemetery is one of the Magnificent Seven, situated in west London, in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, also traversing the borders of Fulham & Hammersmith’s Borough. Stablished in 1832, it was opened to the public in 1833, consecrated by the Bishop of London.
Brompton Cemetery is located in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. It is one of the Magnificent Seven and the only Crown Cemetery as it is managed by The Royal Parks.
Abney Park, situated in the London Borough of Hackney, is a historic parkland originally laid out in the early 18th century by Lady Mary Abney and Dr. Isaac Watts, an English hymnwriter, teologian and logician.